PADI SELF-RELIANT DIVER
- Varighed: 2 Dage (Ca.)
- Sted: La Paz, Baja California Sur
- Produkt kode: SELF_RELIANT
The purpose of the Self-Reliant Diver specialty course is to recognise and
accept the role of the buddy system and its contributions to diver safety
while identifying and developing self-reliance and independence while
diving. There are two reasons for an experienced diver to take the
Self-Reliant diver course:
To develop the skills of planning and carrying out dives without a partner when preferred or necessary.
To sharpen skills of diving self-reliance, making the diver a strongerThis course covers when diving alone may be applicable, and the need
partner in a dive pair or team.
- to compensate for those situations, including dive planning,
- life support system readiness, adaptive training, equipment and responsibility.
This course is an introduction to self-reliant diving that helps student divers
develop the skills, knowledge and techniques necessary to rely on them-
selves first, whether or not they are diving with a partner, including
The value and application of the buddy system.
- The philosophy of, and motivation for, diving without a partner.
Potential risks of diving alone, and how to manage those risks.
The value of equipment redundancy and what back-up equipment is
Dive planning and gas management.
Prerequisite – to qualify for the Self-Reliant Diver course, an individual must
- Be certified as a PADI Advanced Open Water Diver or have a
qualifying certification from another training organisation.
- Have a minimum 100 logged dives.
Be 18 years of age or older
Successfully complete a dive skills assessment by a PADI Self-
Reliant Diver Specialty Instructor.
THIS COURSE IS RUN OVER A MINIMUM OF 3 DIVES